How to transfer your domain to BlueHost from some other web hosting service.
Often it happens that you want to change your web hosting service provided because you are not happy with your present service provider in terms of service, rates, data storage, bandwidth, etc. But, you want to switch your service provider by keeping your domain name intact. Follow the steps
How to Transfer Domain Names?
There are particular Bluehost nameservers and they are as follows
- Primary Server Hostname:ns1.BlueHost.com
- Secondary Server Hostname:ns2.BlueHost.com
You will be needed to change your domain information using these server names. After the change has been made, BlueHost will take 24-48 hours to update the changes across DNS resolvers worldwide, and the domain name will be pointed to them.
- Firstly, you will be needed to contact the present registrar of your service provided in order to unlock the domain and retrieve the EPP or Authorization code.
- Please make sure that your contact information is absolutely correct because BlueHost will send a verification code to your given email address and it will only work if domain privacy is switched off. Log into your Bluehost cPanel and click the Domain Manager tab which can be seen at the top of the screen.
- You will be asked to select a domain name from the list.
- To the right of the domain, click on the “Transfer this domain to your account” link.
- Please read the provided information carefully and enter the EPP code, after doing which, click on continue. After clicking on continue, BlueHost will send another email which will contain another verification code to the administrator. If you do not have access to this email address, contact the current registrar and change WHOIS contact information.
- Enter the second verification code and click on continue.
- Choose the relevant options which you will require for name servers, Autorenewal, Contact Information, Privacy and agree to the Terms of Service. After doing so, click on “Add transfer to shoppingcart”.
- After completing the procedure, complete the checkout process.
The transfer process takes 3-10 days after you have submitted your procedure form. You will need to ensure that the domain name should not expire within this time frame in order to avoid hassles and problems with the transfer. If such loopholes are checked, the transfer should be a smooth one.
Note: The process is almost similar to all registrars like Godaddy, Namecheap, Big Rock etc…