Web Hosting Company Checklist
- Company Stability Has the company experienced growth in the last 12 months or conversely suffered a negative business event?
- Does the company have a strong, experienced executive leadership team?
- Does the company own its own data centers?
- Does the company use Tier 1 providers for network access?
Web Hosting Product Checklist
- Does the company support a variety of hosting products and services that can meet the ever-changing needs of your projects?
- Have there been any new products developed in the last 12 months?
- Do the products include the most up-to-date security and performance software?
- How old is the hardware/software being used? Does a cheaper price mean that they utilize older or refurbished hardware?
- How compatible and flexible are the products? Do they work with a wide variety of plug-ins? Do they support a variety of operating systems and applications?
Web Hosting People Checklist
- Do customers have around-the-clock access to highly- trained, certified technicians?
- Can you talk live to someone about your issue same day?
- Are you given multiple methods of contact for support?
- Does the company charge for support?
- Do they own their own infrastructure and are they on-site with the servers
- Do they have a team dedicated to helping you migrate data? Will they do it for free?
- What do current customers say about the customer service? Ask for data.
- Promises Does the company provide performance and customer service guarantees?
Web Hosting Uptime Checklist
- What is their track record on uptime? What service level agreements are in place in the event of an outage?
- Does the company have flexible agreements and pricing or are you locked into contracts?
- Does the company have a high net-promoter or satisfaction score (do current customers recommended them)?